Senior Adult Ministry
Our Senior Adult Ministry’s purpose is to magnify the Lord Jesus Christ. We achieve this purpose through ministry, missions, and fellowship.
- We strive to meet the physical, social, and spiritual needs of our body of believers.
- Our Hands and Feet Ministry is designed to meet the physical needs of our senior adult members throughout the year in areas of home, yard, and auto maintenance.
- Each week senior adults are involved in small groups designed to study God’s Word. In these small groups we are challenged to grow spiritually and encourage each other in our daily walk.
- Our seniors are on mission locally, regionally, and internationally through our church and various missions organizations.
- We also have an ongoing relationship with the following ministries: Of One Accord Ministries in Rogersville, Tenn. This ministry serves an area of East Tennessee in meeting the needs of the people in through construction projects, Bible studies for children, a thrift store, and food pantry. Samaritan’s Purse: We serve through mission trips plus the annual Operation Christmas Child shoebox ministry. Our church serves as a regional Drop Off Center for Operation Christmas Child (we are a collection point for this area).
- Breakfasts and luncheons: We have breakfasts and luncheons with focused programs of interest periodically throughout the year.
- Banquets: Our annual Christmas banquet is always a meaningful reflection on Christ’s birth.
- Trips: We plan trips throughout the year to various points of interest and senior adult conferences.
- Small Groups: Our variety of small groups for seniors provides plenty of opportunities for Bible study and fellowship.
Our senior newsletter, The Encourager, is mailed the last week of each month for the upcoming month. Contact Karen Townsend in the church office to sign up: 931.388.2655.
The First Family is easily accessible to those who have mobility challenges, as it is all on one level. A senior adult parking lot is also available for your convenience. It is in front of the covered drive entrance. We also have valet parking Sunday mornings for seniors.