A word from our Women’s Ministry Leader Beth Dunn
Ladies! We are working hard to build a ministry in which you can be actively involved. We’ll have fun, but our primary purpose will be to help each other grow in our walk with the Lord.
We’ll keep you updated with the latest opportunities for fellowship and encouragement. Contact me with any questions about our Women’s Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘The Weekender’ provides food for students
Last school year, Maury County had more than 6,500 economically disadvantaged students. During the school year, The Weekender project provides 105 students at Riverside Elementary School with non-perishable, nutritious, kid-friendly food packaged and delivered so students can take home for the weekend.
Research has shown that in schools with a program like this attendance goes up, test scores go up, and behavior improves. We need:
- Protein: Pop-top, microwavable soup or pasta
- Breakfast: Pop-tarts, oatmeal packets
- Fruit: Single-serve canned fruit, applesauce, dried fruit (raisins, plums, cranberries)
- Misc: Single serve mac-n- cheese, peanut butter crackers, single serve 100% juice, granola bars.
- Please drop off the items at Information Central, the Office Entrance, or Faith Hall Entrance.
The Weekender is a joint ministry of our Food Pantry and Women’s Ministry. Contact Cindy Miller with any questions: CINDY
Find Us on Facebook
Keep up with what’s coming up in our Women’s Ministry. FACEBOOK